We'd like to introduce you to our highly qualified and skilled instructors.
Bob J. Beranek
Qualifications and Experience:
Auto Glass Industry
- Over 35 years in automotive glass industry
- Over 25 years Master Auto Glass Technician
- Over 25 years as technical trainer
- Over 25 years as technical consultant to the National Glass Association
- Member of NGA's Auto Glass Certification Committee
- Contributing author to NGA's:
- Auto Glass Installation An Introductory Guide
- Auto Glass Installation Guide 1992-1996,1998,1999, 2000, 2001,2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Editor to NGA's Auto Glass Installation Guide 1994-1996, 1998,1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004. 2005, 2006
- Member of Automotive Glass Safety Council Standards Committee (AGSC) Board Member
- Chairman of the auditing committee
- Expert witness in auto glass related litigation. Rhyne v Sears (Plaintiff)
- Donnett v National Car Rental (Plaintiff)
- Granda v Ford Motor Company (Plaintiff)
- Giacomelli v. General Casualty & Dick Cooper Glass (Defendant)
- Over 30 years in automotive glass management
- Over 25 years in sales management
- Over 25 years in retail management
- Over 10 years in regional management
- Over 20 years ownership of auto glass replacement shop
- Developed and instructed auto glass installation training schools.
- Technical Writer for I-Car's "Stationary Glass Replacement" course.
- Created customer service and sales training programs.
- Facilitated quality control/troubleshooting instruction.
- Designed and facilitated advanced school for auto glass installation.
- Member of SAE Collision Repair Subcommittee of the SDTC
- Current instructor for the NGA's "Auto Glass Technical Institute"
Research & Development
- Research of new product lines, supplies and techniques.
- Developed testing matrix and procedures.
- Designed training curriculums and apparatus.
- Formulated programs for employee development;
- Supervisory Development
- Grade Level Advancement
- District Training Programs
Qualifications and Experience:
I graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with an undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering and with a graduate degree in business (MBA).
My first job was with Rockwell International as a Manufacturing Engineer at their Sterling Faucet (plumbing division) from June 1972 until October 1973.
I joined PPG Industries in 1973 as a Methods Engineer at their Creighton glass fabrication plant. I spent 13 years at this facility with assignments as a Systems Analyst, Production Control Supervisor-Aircraft (included Ballistics-bullet resistant glass), Production Control Supervisor-Automotive.
I moved to the Corporate Headquarters in 1986 as Manager of Inventory Planning for Automotive Replacement Glass-Branch Distribution. I progressed through two other assignments in the Branch Distribution Group as Marketing Manager-Automotive Glass and Flat Glass, and Distribution Manager-Automotive Glass and Flat Glass.
I became Regional Manager, Architectural Metals for PPG's Dallas Region, in 1991. This assignment included Sales Management and Facilities Management (fabrication centers in both Dallas and Denver).
I moved to PPG's Aircraft facility in Huntsville, AL, in 1994. In addition to developing a windshield repair business, I also was named Manager Operations Planning for that location.
My final assignment was in Pittsburgh, in 1997, as Manager, Technical Services. In addition to supporting PPG's Automotive Replacement Glass products, from a performance and application perspective, I had sales responsibilities for Aftermarket glass to GM, Chrysler, Ford (Visteon), and Honda.
I retired from PPG on January 3rd 2005.
Having spent a majority of my 31 years at PPG in a manufacturing environment, I am very familiar with most automotive (and aircraft) glass products. PPG is a leader in developing new glass products, including laminated door glasses for automobiles. I personally have promoted laminated door glass products to many of PPG's aftermarket customers.
I am currently on the Board of Directors for AGRSS (Automotive Glass Replacement Safety Standards), that oversees the only published, Ansi approved, Standard that covers all aftermarket glass replacement.
Qualifications and Experience:
Human Resources Management
As the Director of Corporate Development at the QTI Group I managed our top tier clients and coordinated the activities of the Customer Service Teams that serviced their needs. This included communicating human resource and hiring needs to our internal staff, developing recruiting plans, writing proposals for human resource projects and staying in regular contact with decision makers.
At the QTI Group I supervised the Corporate Development Representative who worked in our Baraboo, Portage and Reedsburg territory. I coordinated the hiring needs of Account Managers and Employment Specialists in these markets, wrote advertising copy, maintained a database of contacts for various media and met deadlines.
While at Auto Glass Specialists, I worked closely with department heads in Human Resources, IT, Accounting and Inventory Control to insure that a policy developed by one department would work seamlessly with other procedures in place throughout the company. I supervised a team of training and call center professionals who worked to ensure consistent practices were carried out.
Managed Q-Fit project, a Corporate Culture Assessment tool marketed through QTI Consulting.
Sales and Marketing
At The QTI Group I sold a full range of human resource services to businesses in Dane County including clerical, professional and industrial staffing, human resource consulting and employee leasing.
As Marketing Chair for TechWorks, an organization dedicated to securing positions in the IT field for individuals with disabilities; I developed and gave presentations to human resource and IT professionals at major employers in the Dane County area. In addition, my team developed two well received marketing pieces describing our mission to attract employers as well as job candidates to the program.
At TechWorks I managed yearly "Marketing Events" highlighting areas of interest to the Human Resources and the Human Services communities. These functions required coordination between the businesses hosting the event, Business Advisory Council Members and other organizations in our member database.
Training and Development
While at Auto Glass Specialists I was responsible for communication of policy related to all customer service and office administration to our forty field offices. I sent out regular memos on the correct procedures for handling sales, accounting, inventory control, computerized reporting, customer service issues and technical training related to the glass industry. In addition I wrote the office training manual and served on the yearly branch inspection team.
Edited the web-based installer training course written by Bob Beranek (Automotive Glass Consultants) that will be available on the Auto Glass University Website.
As the Public Relations Chair for the Society for Human Resource Management, I prepared Media Releases for newspapers around the state, and coordinated radio and television coverage for both the 35th Anniversary Celebration and for the State Conference held in Madison in 1999.
As the President of the Business Forum, an organization dedicated to helping women realize their potential, I wrote a bi-monthly column for the newsletter. As the host of our annual Athena Awards banquet, I developed and presented a speech communicating the mission of the Business Forum and celebrating the achievement of our Athena Award nominees to over 400 attendees.
While at the QTI Group I worked on the Process Redesign team specifically formed to address better ways to communicate with our new and existing client companies. As the team developed new "Customer Service Team" procedures to be used beginning with the initial sales call, I wrote the manual to communicate to employees how to proceed.
As the Corporate Development Manager at the QTI Group, a Staffing and Human Resources Company, I wrote and was quoted in newspaper articles related to staffing issues and was responsible for employment and corporate advertising.